Saturday, April 13, 2019

Taking it up a notch!

I may not be able to post every day for a while as we head into springtime.  Because my field of lavender needs my attention "stat!"  The weeds need to be knocked down before they harm this years crop by stealing nutrients and making the new branches weak from leaning on them. 
Plus, all this past week I have been working until the wee hours of the morning creating sets of my main lavender product, wrapping them in lavender tissue paper, and boxing them up!  I am sending a huge chunk of my inventory to Amazon Handmade so that my shop can go Prime.  To be Prime, your items have to be in an Amazon warehouse so they can ship your orders immediately.
So then all of those little boxes also all needed barcode labels!
Silly me, once I got that accomplished, I had divided my shipment up between to humongous boxes.  One for the smalls and one for the mediums.
But I wasn't thinking.  Because from Amazon's point of view, it was best to split the shipment up three ways and send them to three different locations for faster access depending on the location of the customer, of course!  So then I had to get different boxes and make sure each one had the exact barcoded "ingredients" as the lists provided by Amazon.
Whew!  Finally got the cases off to UPS yesterday.  Now I wait until they arrive at the warehouses and get scanned in.  Meanwhile, all of said inventory is shown as unavailable in my Amazon Handmade shop...
And this girl needs an income.
Super excited though!  This could be the year my little enterprise finally takes off!

Enough said.
Next post will be another vintage cross-stitch pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment